1. Brody had his 9-month appointment this week. He measured 30.5 inches (100th percentile), weighed 22 lbs 6 oz (85th percentile) and had a head circumference of 46 cm (70th percentile). Thankfully no shots this time around. Doctor gave him a clean bill of health.
2. Mama Z and I have been stockpiling homemade baby food. As long as it's puréed, Lil Man seems to eat everything. (He has texture issues like his mama.) We even gave avocados another go this week. Since I used my emulsion blender rather than a food processor, they were a lot smoother and he seemed to really like them. I don't think I've ever seen him open his mouth that wide. Doctor also told us to start him on the same things I'm eating. Mama Z made some chicken noodle casserole purée for him, but anyone have some other ideas for me to try with him? I'm stumped.
3. Both of my children REFUSE to play with their own toys. Zora chewed up/put teeth marks in a few of Brody's things this week and I can't keep Lil Man out of the dog toy basket. Oooooh kids.
4. We had quite an eventual week in the evenings. Monday night we did some exploring. I really haven't gotten out much to take advantage of Holland's great bike paths, so we took a ride down the West Ottawa HS and then back through the Harbor Lights athletic fields. It got a little chilly towards the end, but it was a wonderful evening.
Lots of playtime downstairs and in the tub made for a very sleepy boy Wednesday night. Around 7:00, he decided he was done for the day and wanted to sleep. Of course that meant his Thursday morning wake up time was going to be 4:45 AM. Although that's mighty early to be starting the day, waking up to that little voice calling "maaaaaaaaamaaaaaa" is pretty adorable.
5. Over the weekend, I hauled up every craft supply I own from the basement, cleared out the guest bedroom and set up my makeshift craft room. One very frightening fact was reaffirmed as I cleaned and organized......
My name is Andrea and I am a paper hoarder.
6. Weighed in this week only 5 pounds away from my pre-baby starting weight! Woot! Now I just have to pray that those last 5 pounds are the reason none of my dress pants fit yet rather than face the horrible truth that my hips just may be substantially wider thanks to Lil Man. Buuuuut, in the meantime, weight-loss happy dance.
7. I also tried squash for the first time in my adult life this week. After making some butternut and yellow squash for Brody last week, my co-workers suggested I prepare some butternut squash with butter and brown sugar and try it myself. The consensus... meh. Granted, I probably didn't add enough of something, but not my fave.
Zora also is unsure about how she feels towards squash. I dropped a chunk on the floor and it entertained the silly pup for 20 minutes. She put it in her mouth, spit it out, back in, then out, licked it, pushed it around, back in her mouth, kinda bit in, back out on the floor..... 20 minutes of this before she actually ate it.
8. Worked on Brody's birthday gift all of last weekend as well. I CANNOT WAIT to reveal it when it's all done. Stay tuned...
9. My mom is also incredibly awesome. In addition to cleaning my house for me, she has spent hours down my basement this week scrubbing the world's most stubborn stains out of my carpet. We're on like round 27, but eventually the stains will be gone... hopefully. Thanks Mom. ♥
10. Last but not least, Zora survived yet another week crate-less. Yay good girl!