No joke! It tastes like bananas and peanut butter... that's it! Definitely my new lunch replacement drink. (Sorry Slim Fast.) I just couldn't get over how good it was! I only eat spinach occasionally on my salad, so the thought of liquid spinach grossed me out.
>Insert rant about spinach health benefits here:<
- One cup has 20% of the daily recommended fiber, which aids in digestion, keeps you nice and regular, maintains low blood sugar and curbs overeating
- Contains flavonoids which have been shown to significantly protect against the occurance of certain types of aggressive cancers
- The vitamin C, vitamin E, beta-carotene, manganese, zinc and selenium present in spinach all serve as powerful antioxidants that combat the onset of osteoporosis, atherosclerosis and high blood pressure
- Contains the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin that protects the eyes from cataracts and age-related macular degeneration
- The high amount of vitamin A in spinach also promotes healthy skin by allowing for proper moisture retention in the epidermis, thus fighting psoriasis, keratinization, acne and even wrinkles
...among other things.
Go ahead, give it a try. Even you picky eaters out there....
- 1 frozen sliced banana
- 1 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 1/2 C. 0% Vanilla Chobani Greek yogurt
- 1 C. unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze
- (or other kind of milk)
- 4 C. baby spinach (more or less)
Combine all ingredients in blender and blend/liquify until smooth.
Nutritional stats (approx): 350 calories, 10g fiber, 21g protein