Welp, I'm a little over halfway thru my month long lemon water challenge. Unfortunately, I had to revise my parameters right off the bat. Trying to go cold turkey on caffeine was a horrible mistake... you know those kind of headaches... where it hurts to raise your eyebrows or blink. Yeah. I tried gradually weening off the coffee in the morning, but drinking water at 7 AM is disgusting! So my new guidelines are my 2 cups of coffee every morning, but after that, it's water for the rest of the day. Even though my lover Diet Coke calls to me for a lunch time rendezvous, I have been successful at telling him "no."
My parents have jumped on the lemon water bandwagon as well. Mom bought me this cool little handheld juicer. (I have a odd obsession with kitchen gadgets.) We've read that you need to include 3 TBSP. of lemon juice in your water to make it worth it. That much of the bottled lemon juice was pretty gross, but I love the fresh stuff!
|Yay cool juicer!|
|Daily water intake (in ounces)|
- Not feeling nearly as sluggish in the afternoon... my 3 PM coma is hardly noticeable!
- My skin and lips aren't dry (even as we approach the cold winter weather)
- My complexion is surprisingly clearer than normal
- Before drinking water, my body would feel almost bloated and fatigued after sitting at a desk all day, but now I feel like it's a second wind!
- ...and the best possible outcome... I don't feel the need to snack in between meals! Woot!